Last weekend I decided that we spend WAAAY too much time at home for people without children. Most of the time we are doing home improvement, but still - we need to get out a little! So, we took a drive down the coast to Monterey for the day. We first stopped at a Sunset Magazine Idea house (
http://www.sunset.com/sunset/marketplace/article/0,20633,1708721~862136,00.html) to get our home improvement fix. But then we spent the afternoon driving and playing at the coast. In particular at Pebble Beach - mostly because the guide book said it was beautiful. It was....
The first thing we came across was a beach with boulders (perhaps cobbles) but certainly not pebbles. As we all know, pebbles are defined as rocks with a diameter of ~ 4 - 64 mm by the Wentworth Grain size classification scale (Don't worry I looked it up!). Anyway, these cobbles/boulders were stacked all up and down the beach. Who knows why, but it fun to play with them. I'm pretty sure I knocked more of them down than built up.
Where's Kristin?
The obligatory couple shot....
The best thing about this beach was that it was actually kinda cold. Now, that may be because I have finally acclimated to California, (shhh....don't tell anyone) but I'm told the beaches in Nor Cal are significantly colder than So Cal beaches. Thank goodness - I nearly melted in San Diego!
Silly Jesse....you can't lift a fallen tree by your self....and this gift shop certainly wouldn't be here "After the Quake!"
We couldn't go to Pebble Beach and take tons of photos without snapping one of the "Lone Cypress Tree" which is 250 years old an the "Trademark" of Pebble Beach. But of course in this day and age, we can't let anything just evolve naturally, it's being held up by multiple cables and the base has been reinforced with concrete covered in a "Pebble" facade. But it sure is pretty. :)
1 comment:
Wow - What spectacular scenery and rocks!!! Looks like a grand day out. I always loved driving down the coast when I lived there.
Post a Comment