There is nothing like being a pregnant woman walking down Bourbon Street at night! The looks! The confusion! The veiled disapproval! So, my sister got married in Louisiana over the weekend. More on that to come. First, she and her now husband decided to have a joint Bachelor/Bachelorette party on Bourbon street the Thursday before the wedding. The guys started at one end, and the girls started at the other end. They met in the middle around 1 AM. As the maid of honor, I felt like I needed to be there - for at least a portion of the festivities.
![]() |
| From 2009 |
Just for fun, my sister thought it would be fun to wear T-shirts for the occasion (I did the same thing for my Bachelorette party). It's easy to find t-shirts that say "bride" or "bridesmaid". But it's a bit more difficult to find a maternity t-shirt that says "bridesmaid." So, I made my own from iron on decals. The best part was that I could label my belly too. It's hard to see in the picture but the bottom says
1 in 4: two ring bearers
1 in 4: two flower girls
50/50: one of each
Anyway, as anyone could guess - I didn't make it to the end. I had to go home at the totally disrespectful hour of 11:15 (and yes, I count every 15 minutes!). But all night, it was so funny to watch people reading my shirt, processing the information, quizzically wondering - why are YOU at a bachelorette party - and then quickly looking away, as to not pass judgment. Who were they kidding - I was thinking the same thing - what the hell was I doing on Bourbon street. But I couldn't miss anything from my little sister's big weekend!
1 in 4: two flower girls
50/50: one of each
![]() |
| From 2009 |



1 comment:
You look Fantastic!!! and soo happy! Congrats to your sis too.
Post a Comment