Ok, so really it's happy 1st birthday +2 days! But today we had their official birthday party. Cupcakes and all.
It was a small birthday with mostly family, here's Gryffin with his Uncle Nathan.
It took awhile for them to get into the cupcakes - but after while Gryffin couldn't get enough of the chocolate icing.
It's a good thing we had them early in the evening, because he went on the biggest sugar/caffeine high afterwards. He was holding this spatula above his head and screaming with delight - given our Gryffin is usually pretty mellow (just like Dad), it was like his little war cry. Super funny. Here I am trying to get a picture with the two of them and Gryffin is not to pleased about having to hold still. Which, again is strange, he's normally our little cuddle bug.
Zailey is getting so much better at walking now. She's still new to it though, so she gets very pleased with herself when she is walking from one object to the next. She often throws up her hands in delight, which of course only puts her off balance and she falls down. But it's super cute.
No real stats to report - still a couple of weeks till their next appoinment. But in a very unscientific way - Gryffin is a ton bigger than Zailey. As my mother would say - he's a heavy bottom! He even has huge feet, which don't seem to do what he thinks they do. Meaning, he will let go of an object and start to walk - only to move one foot and then collapse in a heap. Meanwhile Zailey swiftly moves in to steal whatever toy or attention he was aiming for. The few times he has fought back at daycare, the daycare ladies cheer him on. I guess Zailey is earning a reputation of being a little diva at school. I can't imagine why...
Happy Birthday Gryffin and Zailey!
3 comments:
yay!!! Happy Birthday to the Littles! Looks like it was lots of fun...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!! Only a month late. I am feeling so behind on everything!!! I can't believe they're one... and a month already. Jeesh. Time flies. They are huge and so cute. G looks like a little boy!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABIES!!! Only a month late. I am feeling so behind on everything!!! I can't believe they're one... and a month already. Jeesh. Time flies. They are huge and so cute. G looks like a little boy!!!
Post a Comment