All done! Yup. I am now the proud owner of a PhD. Or what Jesse likes to call a "Phud!"
This is Catherine - my advisor.
Here I am participating in a long-standing departmental ritual. Popping of the champagne cork while aiming for the conference room ceiling. Legend says if the cork sticks in the ceiling you'll come back to be a professor.
My cork bounced off a rafter and nearly took someone's eye out. I never claimed to be graceful!
On other news....Jesse has just finished teaching his first seminar course at Stanford and was pretty happy with the class. I'm currently traveling around the country visiting friends and family. Tracy got engaged in April and for Memorial Day weekend we went dress shopping. Now I'm in Chicago visiting D'Arcy and Andrew. Off next to my parents to help paint and decorate! July 1st I'll start my post-doc, which is just a continuation of my thesis for 6 - 9 months while I look for a job in the Bay area. Well - I'm off!
1 comment:
Congrats Dr. Kristin!!
Post a Comment