Friday, July 17, 2009

The Dreaded Bedrest

Well, it's official, at 28 weeks 2 days I'm home bound and on modified bed rest. We've had a long week here at the Lawrence household. Monday night I felt contractions that were a little too close for comfort (8 -10 minutes apart). We called the doctor - she sent us straight to the ER. Things seemed to stop after some hydration, but the L&D (Labor and Delivery) doc determined I was ~1cm dilated. Not the best news. We also had our 28 week ultrasound on Thursday. The babies are just fine - growing as expected. But my cervix is extremely short (at this point it should still be ~3.5 cm, mine is 1.9cm). Which means my body isn't tolerating the weight of these little guys very well. Which probably isn't too much of a surprise given that I am measuring 40 weeks pregnant! Jesse is trying to come up with all these things to keep me happy and sane. If anyone has ideas I'm all ears. I'm stuck like this for at least 4 weeks, and maybe longer.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yay 28 weeks already! unfortunate that it's summer so a lot of t.v. is off til fall. but 'Eureka' is on again..yayyy! you watch that right? hmm...i know i've read a lot of good books lately. I'll have Jon remind me what their titles were and email you :) :) i'm talking fiction here....not pregnancy/baby books. guessing you already have a pile of those :) :)happy resting!!

Meyer-Dombard said...

wii, baby wii!!! you'll become a pro at the mine level for sure!

sorry to hear you're stuck in "bed".4 weeks will pass much more quickly than you think it will. work on those scrapbooks! and call us!

Blandix said...

reading, facebooking, blogging, twittering, skyping... do you see a theme? except for reading there's a lot of computer there. :D Sorry to hear about the bedrest, but better to keep those Tinies in for a bit longer. oh yeah, movies.. there's a list of the production babies in the credits of Finding Nemo that could also be useful for coming up with names if you've not decided already. Plus it's a Sweeeeet movie, dude!

cari c said...

oh no! just now saw this - will try to find some good trashy novels and mags for you!!! hang in there - or more like sit in there! Boring but worth it for healthy bundles!