Monday, December 28, 2009

Fisher Family Christmas

So,this post is a little late. We're actually spending Christmas and New Year's in Bloomington, Indiana with my family. So, we celebrated Christmas early with Jesse's family. It was a good experiment for us and the twins. We haven't actually had the twins away from the house for an entire day before. So, we learned a lot. First off...we have a slight addiction to the swings for naps. Or should I say major - I went straight to Craig's list and sent my mom to get 2 used swings in Bloomington. Sleep issues are not something I have the energy to tackle in a strange place, over a short time, while I am supposed to be relaxing. But they sleep like champs in their cribs at night. So, crossing my fingers this will be something we can fix rather easily after the new year. But I wanted to make this post about the Fisher family Christmas. Grams (Sherri - Jesse's mom) has managed to avoid pictures for a good 2 months, so I made her pose for a few over the day...
From Fisher Christmas

From Fisher Christmas

Here's Aunt Mina with Gryffin...
From Fisher Christmas

It seems like Gryffin was the photogenic baby that day. I only have one, slightly fuzzy picture of Zailey with Uncle Nathan,
From Fisher Christmas

All in all the day was really nice. The babies slept through Christmas dinner, so Jesse and I had a baby free meal, the first in a very long while. It helps when you don't have to cook and eat a meal hands free - those longer baby free windows don't exist very often, if at all with twins! And, yes I know those windows are going to be a thing of the past in a very short while... ;) Lots of presents were opened for the little ones, they should have enough jiggly toys to last a long while.

And finally we did manage to get a family photo snapped using a pile of books and a timer.
From Fisher Christmas

1 comment:

Blandix said...

I sneaked a peak at your Portle family xmas pics - just wanted to say you have a clone in Zailey... And same for Jesse and Griffin.. Tee hee.. Soo sweet and cute.