So, not too long after we got home from LPSC, my parents came to visit during my Dad's spring break. As always, it's great to have 2 extra sets of hands. However, I do believe that my father is going to give Zailey a complex! For those of you who don't know, my Dad has a twin sister, so they both think Gryffin and Zailey are the best grandkids ever - a sense of kindred spirits. But my Dad grew up with two sisters and then proceeded to have two daughters, making him forever outnumbered. So, when little Zailey started stealing toys from Gryffin, Dad jumped to his defense. He's even documented her early, and as my Dad professes only the beginning of her offenses. It was actually kinda funny. Every time Gryffin would pick up a toy, Zailey (who right now has better fine motor development) would just reach over and snatch it away before Gryffin knew what hit him. Here's a funny little sequence.
Eventually she ended up with both toys and Gryffin had none.
So, the rest of the trip, Papa was always giving advice to Gryffin about how to win against Zailey. Here he is, imparting all of his sage wisdom!
Just for fun I thought I would put Zailey in a little outfit that my grandparents gave me when I turned 6 months old, a little kimono that they brought home from a trip to Japan. So, here's Zailey
And here's me...
I still see my sister as a baby when I look at Zailey, but Zailey did get my nose! In fact, I think she got my mother's nose...
As always, Gryffin loves to smile...
And I love this picture of my mom and Gryffin, even though he's not smiling
So, we don't have any viedo yet, but Zailey has decided barrel rolling is a great mode of locomotion. She is rolling from one side of the playroom to the other, often right over the top of soft toys. Gryffin, is working on it, but prefers to jump in his jumperoo - working on those leg muscles and sense of timing.
All in all things are going pretty well here. We've started daycare on a full time basis (havng finally moved to the top of a 8 month waitlist for one of 4 Stanford daycare facilities). It's actually not as hard as I thought it would be. But talk to me next week (after their first full week!) So, we have a lot of travel planned for the next few months - we'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment