In an effort to try and get out a little more, we decided to pack the kids up and take them to the coast for a day. Unfortunately, the coast right now means foggy and overcast so it wasn't a beach day, it was a hiking day.
We tested our hiking backpacks out at Point Lobos State Park and both kids seemed to have a lot of fun.
As an aside, the Deuter kid carrier is a WAYYYY better backpack than the Sherpani, but I'm so short that I had to go with the one tailored to women. Here's an example of how it kinda misses the mark. Check out how much room Zailey has above her head. If she were that tall, there's NO WAY I'll still be lugging her around on my back - she can walk!
It was still a fun hike around the rocky coast. At one point we let the kids down to explore the tide pools and get a little closer to the waves. Zailey loved it...
But, Gryffin...well let's just say he was perfectly happy to stay in mommy's arms...
I didn't realize it until I looked at this family photo - both the kids are in orange - it's like we wanted to make sure we could see them if they ran off!! However, this isn't a problem just yet, Zailey is pulling up and cruising around the couch. Gryffin is pulling up but stays in one place. But now that he can pull up - he is soooo much happier.
So, I'll just end with some pics over the past few weeks. It's amazing how time flies. We don't have much planned for the next few weeks, so maybe I'll post a bit more regularly...hopefully. :)
This is one of my favorites of Zailey, pure joy in the swing.
This was one of many I snapped in an effort to get a picture of the two of them together and smiling, yes I know - a tall order. Instead I got Gryffin in an incredibly playful mood and Zailey merely putting up with her annoying brother!
1 comment:
Love the pictures of the kiddos!
Post a Comment