So, it's spring break here at Stanford. I've finished my first class. It went pretty well - despite the constant feeling that I was only 1/2 a step ahead of the students. I only had 4 students - but all four of them are taking another class in the Geophysics Department. I think that's a pretty good outcome! Jesse is teaching another new class this spring and traveling constantly, so I am going to pick up a few of his classes while he is gone.
But who really wants to hear about our teaching schedules - it's really just about those cute little kids we have! So, it is definitely spring here in the Bay area. Last weekend we went to a flower garden and the kids had a blast.
In particular there was this hat that they loved to take on, then off and then walk around completely blind.
One of Zailey's new favorite snacks are pancakes - I just couldn't help posting this one of her stuffing her face.
As is typical with 18-month olds, their vocabulary is exploding but requires a "toddler translator." Gryffin loves baboos (bubbles), z-z (zailey), tar (guitar), tacta (tractor), nanas (bananas), num-nums (food). Believe it or not Zailey doesn't say quite as much but what she does say comes out pretty intelligibly, but with E-M-P-H-A-S-I-S. When she says monkey it's like every bit of energy she has is put into the "key" part of the word. monKEY! And it's also really cute how they pick things up from each other. it was actually Zailey who started the num-nums for food.
So the other thing the kids (Gryffin in particular) have really gotten into recently is music. I have finally had the piano tuned (it only took 3.5 years since we moved here), Jesse has been playing guitar for them and we sing all the time.
And of course they are fantastic at making a mess!
No comments:
Post a Comment