So, this month has been pretty calm and relatively slow for us. A few colds have kept us home bound over the weekends. But this has provided a great opportunity to jump feet first into potty training. Honestly, I have been desperate to get Zailey out of diapers because we just couldn't get ahead of her diaper rash. So, she was first up to bat. Our attempt this fall - failed miserably. But, this time, I was determined to do whatever it takes. So, out came the bribes. **Warning - poop and pee talk to follow.** Jelly beans for pee, ice cream for poo and on occasion Dora on TV while they sat on the potty and watched. Combine these things with absolutely no diapers for 3 days straight, lots of clapping, yelling yeah and doing a mini-dance at every pee and poo, we (I say we because it sure felt like a group effort) made huge progress. But, the funny part of this story comes at the end of a very successful week. So, we've been letting the kids come into the bathroom with us for months now (nothing like setting the right example) I went in and peed but the kids didn't take notice until they heard it. Then, Zailey comes running over yelling "Yeeeeaaaahh - mommy! Mommy gets a jelly bean?" Well, what could I do but go and pick a jelly bean for myself - after all I was only trying to set the right example! :)
So, I will tentatively say that Zailey is "potty-trained." Which really only means she wears underwear everyday (diapers still while she sleeps) and only occasionally has an accident. Now, the underwear is another part of the story. After the second successful day of peeing and pooing in the toilet I promised Zailey that she could go to the store and pick out her very own big girl underwear. She was totally excited about this. So, we get to the underwear rack at Gymboree. I pick out 3 or 4 nice (I would say cute) white with yellow animal pairs for her to chose from. But much to my chagrin she insists on the pepto-bismol pink with polka dots and poodles. She HAS to have them and mommy did promise. So, we bought the pink underwear and immediately put them on. She talked about them all the way home!
I'll leave with a few pictures from this month. The zebra and monkey hats have been very popular even when we're inside.
Pillow pile with their friend Andy.
Silly girl!
And just for you Papa - F=MA!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment