So, Zailey and I are in the bathroom at a restaurant the other day and she\'s recounting to me that she is a girl and mommy is a girl. But Gryffin is a boy and daddy is a boy. I agree with her. She then makes the logical leap that we use the girls bathroom and Gryffin and daddy use the boys bathroom. I say yes - and am secretly thrilled that her analytical skills are obviously above average! ;) She then says,
"When I grow up, I\'m going to be a boy."
I tell her that sounds like a good idea, "why do you want to be a boy?"
She replies, "so, I can use the boys bathroom too."
First of all, I absolutely love that in her world, being a boy and being a girl is so interchangeable, and that she can just decide to be one or the other. When does that change? I only hope that I can provide her experiences and examples such that when she\'s older, she\'ll feel the only difference between boys and girls are the bathrooms they use. If only the world were that simple. Perhaps it will be.
Now, for a great toddler story about Gryffin. He\'s (we\'re) currently in the beginning stages of potty training. We were out to dinner and he says he has to pee-pee. So, Jesse takes him to the bathroom. A little while has past and I\\\'m honestly a little concerned. But then I hear him running towards the table laughing. He runs into the room, which was full of people and yells as loud as he can, "Mommy, I pee-peed in the potty!!!!". The whole room laughed and the other parents gave him a round of applause. There\'s nothing like a group of strangers celebrating one of life\'s milestones! Gryffin was so proud of himself. :)
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment