Friday, November 2, 2012

Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy!

So, this year the kids decided to be characters from one of their favorite books for Halloween.
Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy!
From Halloween 2012

Gamma bought the first of this series over the summer and we have been adding new ones at a regular clip ever since. 
I actually sewed Gryffin's top because I had a hard time finding a yellow and black shirt that would work.  I was one my way to sewing a cape to go with it, and Gryffin insisted on wings just like his sister.  Thank you Amazon Prime!  And to think, just the other week I was considering dropping our "two of everything rule."  But, the best part of Gryffin's costume, was that he insisted on the pirate's eye patch. 
From Halloween 2012

Zailey would wear the Ladybug Girl costume EVERYDAY if she could.  And she does wear the boots everyday.  It doesn't rain much here, but if she can find the littlest amount of standing water - she is jumping for joy, "splashing in her rain boots!"
From Halloween 2012

Jesse and I even dressed up this year.  I pulled a costume out from nearly 10 years ago - I feel OLD!  Jesse used caution tape to make himself "Caution Man."  I was little red riding hood, but Zailey was adamant that I was not "little" - she was.  So, I was renamed "Big Red Riding Hood".  That just made me feel OLD and FAT!
From Halloween 2012

I love this picture because the look on Zailey's face is classic.  She's always saying "Noooo, mommy."  or "Noooo, Gryffin"  with exactly that look.  Hilarious. 
From Halloween 2012

She used both the face and the phrase on Jesse this morning.  He was singing his favorite song when he does something I am not pleased about, "If you're happy and you know it...be a Kristin", "If you're happy and you know it....be a Kristin."  It drives me crazy!  It makes him just giggle more.  Only this morning, mommy had the last laugh.  He sings the verse and Zailey says from across the room, in a matter of fact tone ..."Nooooo, Daddy, that's not how it goes.  Sing it right." 
Ha, ha ha!!!!
From Halloween 2012

1 comment:

Darcy said...

We love those books. Will think of G&Z when we read them now.