Thursday, November 29, 2012

Singing and Fixing!

Zailey has really taken to singing about everything.  At first we thought it was songs she learned at school.  For example, they both sing the wash your hands song
"Wash, wash, wash your hands 
several times a day
grab the soap and scrub some more
 wash the germs away" 
But more recently the songs have been more epic poem in verse rather than limericks.  Here's Zailey singing the instructions for how to dress herself in her beloved ladybug costume.  Have I mentioned that she wears it practically everyday!

Gryffin doesn't sing as much as Zailey (although he has the cutest little voice), but he is still really into being a "Worker Man."  Here he is trying to "fix" Jesse's finger.

The one thing they both have in common is their insistence that Mommy can't sing.  We'll be in the car and I'll start to sing along with a song and they'll both yell - in unison - "No Mommy!  Don't sing."  Somehow, I feel like I had this one coming.  Gamma (my mom) used to try and sing in the morning while Tracy, Dad and I were just waking up.  We all used to yell - in unison - "No singing mommy!"  We even went as far as throwing objects (soft ones - we didn't want to cause permanent harm - just stifle the noise).  And my mother has a wonderful voice.  What goes around, comes around! 

No comments: