So, this Christmas was so much fun with the kids. Like I mentioned in my last post, the traditions are really starting to mean something to them. I'm still not sure they have a real solid idea of Santa, but gifts they understand to their full potential. But, they also love baking and I think they really like the family time too.
Aunt Tracy and Uncle Mike sent some really great gifts. One of which was a fairy costume for Zailey. She spent the whole morning in it.
Gryffin added to his collection of Thomas the Train accessories. But who would have thought the fairy costume would have been a point of contention. It turns out Gryffin really likes the wings, wand and headband combination too. Thank goodness my mother and sister think alike. Gamma provided a second fairy costume for Zailey, which we have "re-purposed" to Gryffin. It's so great when everything works out!
And of course, this was the year of the "Big Kid Bikes." Notice, they are still in the pajamas and refused to even take the time to put a coat on. Zailey has begged to ride every day since Christmas, whether it is pouring down rain or not. Oh, and the first thing she asked for when she saw them was, "Where is my matching helmet?" Where in the world did she get the idea that she needed a matching helmet?! She made us promise that we would get her one for her birthday. I wish I could say she will forget - she won't.
After they got their bikes, we headed up the mountain to spend the day with Jesses's family. Zailey immediately changed into her 3rd outfit of the day and decided Daddy would make a good gymnastics toy.
Here's Aunt Mina and Uncle Nathan.
And here are the 3 cousins. Stella is awesome, she totally holds her own with the twins. She loves to do whatever Gryffin is doing and he does a very good job trying not to get frustrated that TWO girls are constantly taking things away from him.
Finally, I think I am going to dub 2013 - "The year of Zailey outfits!" Here's her most recent combination.
No comments:
Post a Comment