Tuesday, September 2, 2014

First Day of Kindergarten

First of all, I can't believe it was Halloween of LAST year when I wrote my last post!!  To be honest, I've been dealing with sleep issues, and overall health obstacles.  But, I am finally starting to feel better and realized that I love writing in the blog and miss having little stories about the kids documented somewhere.  So much has happened over the past 10 months, which I intend to transfer from my foggy, swiss-cheese brain to this blog in some order, albeit not necessarily chronological!
But, for now I'll talk about the most recent change in our lives...the first day of Kindergarten.  The kids are enrolled in a K-8 Montessori school here in Palo Alto called Bowman International.  It's a full-day curriculum and the kids are in separate classes (not only encouraged by the school but also by their Papa and his twin sister, Aunt Carol).  At first the kids were not to keen on the idea of separating, but seem to be placated by having lunch and playtime together.  
Here they are outside of school this morning for drop off.  
Their ability to report facts of the day is limited to about 2 items to describe the whole day - what they ate and how good the playground was (or was not).  But after peppering them with questions all night I got the names of at least one child they remembered from school and that they were generally happy with the day.  Talk to me in a few days when the reality that they don't get to see their friends from preschool everyday (they were with some of those kids for 4 years!) sets in.  
Ok, more to come and hopefully it will be on the order of days not months!


1 comment:

Renee Weber said...

I was just thinking about you guys the other day, and wondering if you would update the blog! So glad to hear they had a good first day! Will just started Kindergarten too, where did the time go?