So we came home from the hospital as scheduled on Sunday. Here's us in the hallway on our way out with what I am starting to affectionately call the "Train."
| From 2009 |
Despite the weeks of bedrest, the constant worry that they were going to come out early, and (being completely honest) the enormous daily pain at the end, everything turned out really well. We went in to be induced - yes induced after months of contractions, I had to be induced - on Wednesday afternoon. Due to some pretty significant side effects from the epidural (the shakes) I started to get a migraine. Given that we just weren't making progress on the dilation front, the migraine, and Zailey (baby B) still being sideways (which significantly increased my risks of a vaginal birth for baby A and a c-section for baby B) we opted for a c-section pretty quickly. Which in the end - was a VERY good decision. Turns out Gryffin had his cord wrapped around his neck twice and Zailey had hers wrapped once. She was wedged up in my ribs so well that the doctor had to deliver her breech via c-section. So, nothing about a natural delivery would have gone smoothly! But we have two wonderfully happy, healthy babies and I am recovering from the c-section very well.
The night before we left the hospital we were fed a "celebration dinner" for two. Perhaps this is the new thing that hospitals offer regularly, but it was fun and unexpected nonetheless. We were given a choice of filet mignon, chicken cordon bleu, or some veggie option. I got cheesecake and if we had wanted we could have had champagne!
| From 2009 |
Here's me at home holding both of them. I'm getting very good that the "double football cradle!"
| From 2009 |
We haven't managed to get very many pictures taken the past few days. And the few we have taken are always of the two of them together. So, here's just a couple for fun...
| From 2009 |
| From 2009 |

3 comments:
So sweet! I love the pic of Gryffin yawning. They are both adorable and you guys look great! Hope it's all going well. And good decision on the C-Sxn! Just remember to keep a pillow over your incision when Jesse makes you laugh. That was the only way I could laugh at all the first 2 weeks. Hugs to all.
i love the pix of them side by side in your Picasa album. they look so snuggly!
Congrats again! Those are some beautiful little babies :)
Post a Comment