Tuesday, January 26, 2010

4 Months

Well, by now they are a little older than 4 months, but we just had our 4 month doctor's visit. Gryffin has gained quite a bit of weight. He's a little pudgester - 16 lbs 2 oz. To us, this is huge but we realize there are many babies at 4 months who are MUCH bigger. But little Zailey makes him seem like a gorilla. She's only 13 lbs 10oz. But both babies are gaining weight and growing well. The doctor also suggested we think about solids sometime over the next month or two. So, let the mess begin. :) Zailey's fine motor skills are really getting good. She reaches for objects and starts to turn them over and examine them all the time now. She has also started to grab mom's hair. So, I doubt you'll see a picture of me in the next few years where my hair is not in a pony tail. Gryffin has decided that he is way more interested in people and animals than toys. He's very social, loves to smile and will reach out for the cat and dog but not for a toy. Twins are so interesting that way - the differences between siblings are so pronounced.

My mother recently told me there are lots of cute pictures of Zailey but not enough of Gryffin. So, I have made an effort to capture his sweet little smile...
From January Random


From January Random


His, "What? I didn't do it!" look...
From January Random


From January Random


And his "Mom, I'm trying to concentrate" look...
From January Random

From January Random

3 comments:

Blandix said...

Gryffin = Jesse mini-me! :D Think I've said it before, but it's really noticeable in the first pic. And cute, cute, cute...

Meyer-Dombard said...

I second the "cute, cute, cute"! What a chunky little charmer! I love the one where he's helping with dinner.

cari c said...

Seriously - a mini Jesse! I totally second G - the first picture! Such cuteness.