So, we started solid foods this week. Gryffin has been watching us eat very intently lately, and the pediatrician said we could start really anytime after 4 months. So, at about 5 months, we started with the usual - rice cereal.
Again, they seem to surprise us. Zailey took to it almost immediately. Gryffin, well... he's not really sure what to do once he gets it in his mouth. So, I would say 9/10's of the food ends up on the bib, his face, his fingers, and the bumbo.
After a few days with the rice cereal, we added carrots. I was kinda hoping the more flavorful food would help, but not so much.
Now, I said that Zailey took right to it...she did. But she has this new trick. She will blow raspberries to entertain herself. She even wakes up doing it. It's super cute. Only one problem, when you are feeding her - there's blow back!
Zailey has also started another new trick, grabbing things mommy and daddy are holding onto. Eating with her in our lap now includes the all too familiar "radius of empty space." Here she is helping us feed her.
And just because I'm feeling a little guilty about the raspberry shot of Zailey, here's the matching one of her to
Gryffin's from the other day.
No comments:
Post a Comment