So, we've had a pretty good couple of weeks here. We have all been healthy and I have started teaching. I'm not sure if I posted that I have a job, but I am officially employed at Stanford now. It's only a part-time job, but it is a lecturer position - a step in the right direction to solving the 2-body problem. I am co-teaching Introduction to Geophysics this quarter. I'll teach Planetary Geology in the Fall. And next spring I will teach a course I am designing, from scratch (including piecing together some sort of textbook - since none exist), an introductory physics course with all geoscience examples especially designed for Earth Systems majors. Pretty cool! Teaching is great, but I have to admit, I got on board last minute with the course I am teaching right now, so I have had more late nights than I care to think about.
In the mean time, we've been trying to get out and about more. So, the other day we went to a park and zoo with our friends and their son, Andy. It was the first time we put the kids on a ride and then walked away (when the ride was in motion, we had to be outside the gate). Definitely more traumatic for mom and dad than for the 3 of them. They loved it!
Jesse's favorite story about himself as a kid is that he used to say that he wanted to grow up an be a fire truck. Yes, you read that correctly, he wanted to be the actual truck. Too cute. Well, Gryffin has taken a real liking to trucks lately. He loves to point at them say truck (well, the mumbled syllable that we discern to mean truck given the context) and then make the Vroom, Vroom sound. So, the other night when we went to dinner a fire truck was in the parking lot, everyone was excited. As it turns out firemen are totally used to kids coming over to gawk. They are even prepared with little kid fire hats! They also let us take pictures with the kids sitting in the driver's seat.
Zailey, on the other hand, she is such a ham!
So, the fireman's hat has made it into the toy box and comes out on a regular basis. Here Zailey is with her hat and about 5 stuffed animals. She has a real affinity for anything cute and cuddly (somehow Gryffin doesn't make it into that category for her - too bad!). She especially like monkeys. She has 4 different ones!
Again - such a ham - and notice the monkey in hand!
Boxes make the greatest toys, but really, she just likes to make faces at the camera.
And I have decided that one of the few ways we're going to get family photos is with a professional photographer. We spent over an hour with her and have only a handful of shots with the 2 of them sitting still, let alone all 4 of us together.
But they are sooo cute when they do sit together. Now if we could just get those super cute toddler hugs on film!
2 comments:
Love all the pics... they are so, so cute. Love the professional pics too.
love those professional photos - you are so lucky to have ANY good ones of all of you. We spent more than an hour at Christmas and got 2 of Evie and 2 of T. And he was super smiley (the photog just wasn't paying attention to him because he was totally smiling, but E was bawling and he managed to get two).
Post a Comment