Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mommy - Deer!

So, we have finally gotten around to giving Lina her summer shave.  Poor Lina, a husky mix, born in San Diego and still stuck in California.  The summers are tough on a dog with that much fur.  So, she usually gets a full shave at least once a summer.  Well, this summer came as quite a shock to poor Gryffin.  We picked the dogs up from the groomer, put them in back and then went to get the kids.  So, when Gryffin got home, Lina was waiting at the glass door in back.  She was sitting there very calmly, waiting for us to let her in.  Well, the moment Gryffin sees her he turns to me and says "Mommy, deer, deer...mommy deer."  I have to admit, I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about, so I did the typical parent thing and just said "yes, a deer, where do you see a deer?"  "Mommy, deer...deer"  This time much more emphatically, but his very dim mother still didn't get it.  By this point I am at the back door and letting Lina in.  Gryffin freaks out yells, "Up, up...deer, deer!!!"  Ahhhhh.  Poor Gryffin was convinced his mother had just let a wild deer into the house.  It took awhile to convince him that the deer was in fact only Lina, a really big dog.  I have to admit, she does look like a completely different dog when she gets a shave, but a deer was not what came to mind.  You gotta love kids and how they see the world!

From July 2011

After her summer cut...

From July 2011

Her winter coat...
From July 2011

No comments: